[DL] Harrowed Question

Heya Folks,

I think I asked this before but don't think I got much response...

My group has chatted about what would happen should a posse member become a
harrowed.  To a person, they plan on "puttin' him back where he belongs...
in the dirt".  This is for one simple reason (in their minds), no matter how
useful the posse member was and no matter how much MORE useful he is now
with those neat-o Harrowed powers that they've heard whispers of, they'll
never be able to let their guard down with him/her ever again.  They know
that, eventually, that Manitou is gonna grab dominion and make a ruckus.

This seems to be an element of the game that neither I nor my players have
seemed to get a handle on yet it seems to be an important aspect.  Can
someone help me out?

If a posse member becomes Harrowed, why shouldn't the posse put him back
down as quick as possible?  Why should they ever trust him?  And when should
the Manitou make an attempt to gain dominion?

Seems to me that as soon as the Manitou gains control and tries something
fishy he's a gonner.  Is a Manitou nuts enough to grab dominion and tip his
hand just to say, push one of our heroes in front of a speeding train
knowing that, assuming he was seen, he's done for?  Or does it prefer to be
more subtle like allow n Abomination access to the camp while he's on guard
duty?  (Not that my posse would ever let anyone they didn't trust compIetely
be on guard duty to begin with!) I guess I just can't seem to get inside a
Manitou's head (no pun intended!) and see why he would take such a risk.

I mean, correct me if I'm wrong here but, isn't a Manitou basically immortal
unless he enters a human and creates a Harrowed?  Now he's very vulnerable.
Just doesn't seem worth it.

Have I completely missed the point here?  Or am I just looking too deep?