[DL] Favors and hexes [GOFF]

A problem came up yesterday during a game.

I was playing a Buffalo shaman spying on a group of gamblers and hucksters, and
used the "call wealth" favor with lots of appeasement, getting a gambling skill
of (about) 14d6.

Later, as I was again in a poker game, one of the posse hucksters, impressed by
the number of dice rolled, decided to cast a mind twist, increasing the smarts
from d6 to d12+2, and a gambling skill of (this time) 11d12+2.

As the favor is granted by spirits, and the mind twist is made by the manitou,
we thought there was something wrong, and decided there was need for more
appeasement than usual, as for an harrowed shaman asking a favor from spirits.

What would be your point of view? Any reason why this should not work?

And, I am asking this not to tell one of the marshalls (Jon, and Cal) this is
how it should work. I am just afraid how powerful this might be.

Anyway, the call wealth favor is very powerfull. It lasts long, and (with the
proper guardian spirit) can give you skills at a very high level. It can be used
for different skills. I had not thought about the number of different uses for
it. I can't imagine a shaman of the blessing medicine way who uses this favor
with an appropriate trait (like, d12 in smarts, or deftness).

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name
http://www.webb.net/sites/vvandeme/Deadlands/index.html