[DL] Epic Campaigns (was: re: a double-double whammy!)

> > This is the same group who left a Ghost Rock
> > mine burning in Idaho 20 or so sessions ago,
> > and by now the entire region (much of the
> > state) is a deadland.
>
> Boy--your group doesn't play small, now does it?

No sir! I like my RPG games to be epic in scale. What's the point of
roleplaying ordinary (or even just slightly important) people - there's not
as much fun in it. My Campaigns tend to have definite endings, as I have
something specific planned. In this case, they're going to end up causing
the reckoning ON PURPOSE (thinking they're stopping it), and then have to
make it right somehow.

I have not decided how yet, but it'll involve a modified Heart of Darkness
trilogy and probably a trip into HOE for a few sessions or so. If a game is
not big, epic and world shattering, it's not as much fun! (IMHO)

> Reminds me of a Star Frontiers campaign I played in during the early
> days---our group had a fire fight in an Anti-Matter reactor
> that provided
> power for an entire city--and started a chain reaction that
> the GM decided vaporised the entire planet.  Yeesh.

Heh! Sounds fun. One Amber campaign I ran ended up not only with all the
elder Amberites dead except Finndo and Oberon (the reports of whose death
were exaggerated), but the Pattern (and Amber) destroyed, most of Chaos
collapsed into the Abyss, all the infinite universes between them wiped out,
and the PC's trying to recreate the 'multi'verse with the Jewel of Judgement
and the Eye of the Serpent (Chaos' equivalent jewel) by creating the true
power, which both the Pattern and the Logrus were only imperfect copies of.

Then, just for fun, after they had finished making what they thought was the
true power and started to attune themselves to it to see if it worked, I
declared the campaign at an end, ignoring their desperate pleas to know if
it worked or not.

Brian "Always leave 'em wanting more, I say :-)" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted
sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there.
Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on fire' and the
computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.