RE: [DL] attrition rate?

At 10:09 AM 1/28/00 +1300, you wrote:

>> > ... and then I realised that there was no character left
>> > alive who had been there when her husband was killed.
>> > Scratch one long term plot I had been enjoying working on.

>> a) She may be insane by now and the fact that none of the
>> current posse were there at her husbands death is
>> irrelevant.
>> b) She's chasing those people and on their trail slowly
>> tracks the existing posse (feasible if they didn't all
>> die at once and they were phased into an existing group
>> in small numbers).  Eventually she will vent on the
>> existing characters because they are friends of friends
>> of friends of the people who were with her husband when
>> he was killed.

>Very true, and I had considered basically exactly this, but I eventually
>decided that it was a bit cheesy - even if she's insane there's no real
>reason for her to target the posse any more than say a normal person walking
>along the street. Friends of friends is all very well, but it's a bit of a
>stretch and I figured I could come up with enough new plots and ways to kill
>the posse without having to resort to her :-)

Unless, of course, you decide to have the entire original posse come back,
totally under Dominion, gradually reassemble, and set off on a killing
spree.  (Did one of them get shot in the head?  Who cares?  You're the
Marshall!  ^_^)

Then, your present characters would have to team up with the witch in order
to do their old characters in.

;)

--
R. Serena Wakefield (raistw@gate.net)