[DL] Worms (GOFF)-Marshals only

SPOILERS FOR WORMS. PLAYERS LOOK AWAY NOW

	Hello all,

	Well, we played Worms! until 4:30 last night and a true death-fest
it was too. Partly this is due to one players continued insistence on head
shots to everything that moves. (This man got the single best card draw
I've ever seen. 5 lots of d12's (incl. two jokers !!!!!) and the rest
d10's and a solitary d8. However his dark fate will soon catch up with
him.)

	Anyway, given this degree of gunplay and later dynamite throwing,
I did notice one small omission. Black River Mahoney, expert gunman,
brawler and all round bad guy, doesnt have a dodge rating. Because I let
the players read the Dime Novel after the adventure, I tend to stick to
the published statistics, and so I feel that every black hat who is
designed to be challenging to the posse, should have a Dodge of 4d10 at
least.
	Otherwise, the accomplished shootist character with the
obligatory 5d12 will pick them off every time.

	As for the rest of the adventure, the players faces dropped when
they found themselves on Red Rock Ridge and they realised they had just
become bit parts in 'Tremors 3'. At one point, in their fevered
speculation on Wormy, they came to believe that he had ingested a baby
Rattler, which would explode, 'Aliens' like from his chest!.
	The battle in the tunnels degenerated into vicious hand to hand
fighting with the Wormlings, but I was dissapointed to discover there was
not a picture of them in their entirety to show to the players. (Who in
the trdition of CoC, love handouts and pretty pictures. Gives them a
feeling of accomplishment!). I'd suggest for future Dime Novels with new
critters in them, that a complete drawing should exist to aid the players
imagination.

	As for dispatching the big rattlers, I fudged the dynamite rules
slightly, so people could try to throw sticks down their gullets and then
gave them 5d20 (due to the vulnerability of their internal organs) damage.
Pappa Rattler (or Shai Halud as we called him) took a wopping 130 points
of damage from the first stick and gave Hilton Springs its fastest,
cheapest and goriest redecoration ever.

	The final Rattler (who had been previosly injured for 53 damage.)
sensed the approaching demolitionist and fled in terror, from the man who
had felled its two compatriots. The question is, does it return to the
Great Rattler, deep in the earths bowels and demand vengeance? Will
Tombstone (their hometown) survive the battle?

	All in all, this was a very memorable and exciting adventure.
Apart from minor niggles over Mahoneys stats, or the lack of Wormling
artwork, this rates a 9.5 out of ten.

	Steve.

	"In the long run we are all dead"

				-John Maynard Keynes