Re: [DL] [McGlothlin] Confederate Cavalry

Allan Seyberth wrote:

> >You might want to put something there for Deadlands, though. With Fort 51 so
> >close in southern Nevada paranoia alone would likely up the chances of the
> >Confederacy putting troops out in 'the miles and miles of endless desert'.
>
> Fort 51 is closer to Arizona.
>
> But there would be a presence in NM around Roswell.

I put the 5th Confederate "Camel" Cavalry Corps, at Yuma AZ, in my campaign.  It
was one of the last things the Jeff Davis did before his trip to Kentucky.  The
Camels from his earlier experiment as US Secretary of War, were gathered up and
some new ones were gifts of Great Britain.  There are also some interesting
saddle mounts for the Gatling Machine Gun, including an Anti-Air modification
that was brought into being to combat the "Flying Buffalo's".  MY Confederacy
places a bigger importance on protecting it's supply line of Ghost Rock, then
what was listed in the books.  The 5th CCC is more like a reinforced Brigade in
actual strength, with only one regiment actually being Camel.

Jamming