Re: [DL] Train Carriages

> I need help, does anyone know the cost of a train
> carriage (Not the locomotive) in 1876-77, as one
> of my Posse wants to purchase one.

Locomotive                 $10,000
Train car                  $ 5,000
Train car, luxury          $15,000

This comes either from Smith&Robards, or from GURPS Western. If you nned a
complete list of prices for Deadlands, you might want to check my site
(shameless plug), under the General Store part.

When compared to the prices from BigFoot's list, this might seem a low cost, but
remember that Mad Science secondary effect would be to lower prices for
technological things, like trains and wagons.

From S&R, a Giant boiler ($5000) is enough for a whole factory. I suppose that
for a train, you will only need a large boiler ($2000). As the boiler probably
represents the main part of the cost, I suppose the price of a locomotive for
Deadlands would be closer to $10,000 than $80,000. Of course, this is my point
of view, it might be wrong.

Hope it helps.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck
The French tinhorn with a Great name