Re: [DL] Agency Questions....

First off......thanks for the answers John..... but they did kind of bring up
a couple of more (I wouldn't be a deadlands fan / player if I didn't come up
with them huh?). Soooooo.......(and the judicious use of the dreaded snip!)

>>They don't have the Law Man edge; Agents have no authority of arrest,
search, etc. They do, however, have a writ requiring the full participation
of Union law enforcement officials. <<

As for the no law man edge.....I either read the listing in Law Dogs wrong or
this is  an upcommer fro M.I.B...D (HAD ta use that   heh heh heh).    They
(then the Pinks) are listed to have Law Man 1.      I think I was more
comcerned with the aspect of say    Operative blows the werewolf away and the
town marshal shows up to see this guy in black holding a smoking gun over a
nekkid corpse of Joe the Mercantile owner.     Does a writ keep the marshal
from giving the M.I.B. legal trouble just on it's say-so?    Cover story or
no (and I have come up with some dillies!), this could be a problem that the
ever popular   "Sorry Marshal..... national security...need to know...I'm
sure you understand" might stop.

>>Yes, they do have I.D. of some sort. The jury's still out on exactly what
it is, but it will most likely be a document of some sort. However, the
operative won't always carry the papers and they certainly won't go flashing
them around.<<

Totally agree with this...but again...there's those situations where an agent
would need to carry I.D. if for no other reason than to "grease the wheels"
for the cover story.     But if they have no authority, the I.D. would be as
much worth as Confederate cash at the Castle, wouldn't it?

>>The Agency facilities are never common knowledge. Word of the main
facilities may leak out (rather like Langley or Area 51 in real life) but the
government never admits to the existence thereof.<<

Now I might buy this about the Denver office, but the Castle is listed in the
Northern book player section like it's a tourist attraction!     It states
that they..."provide intelligence about the south and fend off incursionsby
forgien agents."    The rest ...ok.....(hmmmm   need to have a revision of
the town map   heh heh heh.    It's now his law offices   yeah!))

>>Think of the Agency as a 19th century NSA or CIA and you'll be right 90% of
the time. There are lots of rumors about them, but few people know the real
story. They maintain an air of mystery and authority, but they still have to
operate according to the Constitution and laws of the land.<<

N.S.A is the way they've been protrayed in our games....but even they get the
"Need to know.....National security.... look the other way officer" schtick.
   Need to see that book!     (April is too dang far away!!)     I still
think that the Agency should be as.....shall we say, authoritative...as the
Rangers.     Even if they keep if a whole lot quieter!          Thanks again
John!!

Later Days
Reb
("In every world, every dimension, every Plane of Existence...I AM the REBEL!
[X])