Re: [DL] Was Book O' Curses, Now VOTWW

> > > I came across a thought yesterday, what incentive is
> > > there for a player
> > > to purchase Veteran O' the Weird West Edge once they have
> > > started play.
> >
> > There is none.  IMNSHO, this edge should only be used if
> > the Marshall wants a group to start out more experienced,
> > or if a character is joining a fairly experienced group.

> Agreed. I don't think it's stated anywhere in the books, but VotWW should be
> only for _starting_ characters.

I disagree, there could be a very good reason as a reward/modification in the
middle of the game.  Such as starting the posse as kids and letting time pass in
the middle of the campaign without going into detail and letting the players
take the Veteran of the Weird West as a method to:
		 	1. buy off the Kid hindrance
			2. have some points to reflect growth
			3. to use the curse/background table
			   to expand character development.
I personally feel it is rather foolish for someone to reject your question out
of hand without thinking the ramifications through.  It tends to be a rather
knee- jerk Marshaling reaction to people wanting to get points, rather than
careful consideration of the possibilities where it would be appropriate.

Jamming