Re: [DL] 'Different' campaign ideas? (spoilers for FF8... Kind of)

Also... to add to my idea from earlier

maybe have the first time soul jump jump back to just prior to the reckoning,

second jump, just prior to the reckoning, where they first meet "The Evil"
(Yes I want this thing to be pre-rekoning existent) (HELP GHOUL! (or anyone
else for that matter, I don't mean to single out ghoul, but he is usually the
first to respond) i NEED AN IDEA) and lose a couple of NPCs while running
away, brother killed, best friend seriously wounded, so on and so forth.  also
drop a few things that the present timeline can use when they come to that
spot (an item that was hidden and left behind (something that could really
help them in a small "semi-nonrelated" plot you have running in that same town
in the present timeline, info as to how to get around in a time of crisis...
blah blah)

third jump, a couple years have passed, reckoning has happened, the group is a
very close nit group now (the wounded best friend has died, as well as a few
others (npc's that is) they are the only ones they can truly count on (make
them really start to care for these characters, maybe drop a few more things
that would help them in the future)

fourth jump they have all settled down in a small town that they have all
helped to protect from something or other a while back, it has been several
years now since the reckoning, but still a few years prior to when your
campaign started.  Most of them have taken up positions in town, (store owner,
preacher, blacksmith, sheriff...) let them learn about it, and what has
happened over the past few years, end it with the town being attacked by "the
evil"

the current Time posse should encounter "The evil" again and be forced to run

shortly thereafter would be when the Current Time Posse would discover the
"hidden town" (see my earlier posting) with the protection/shield.  they meet
their "other Selves" after walking around town for a while (Now they are Town
mayor, Preacher/Savior, Blacksmith/TownSafekeeper, Sheriff, and whatever else
you had/see fit... maybe have a few of the "Past PC's" died in the attach
while they were trying to save the town.
What has happened is they had no choice but to escape from "The evil", so they
lead the whole town (or whatever they could save of it) away from the evil,
and where they made the new town is where they made the protection/shield and
have done well for themselves since then, plenty of cattle/animals, good
farmland... so on and so on.  The Posse should realize who these people are
even though they are a lot older now, and should be able to relate their
recent experiences with "the evil" and find out how they have avoided it for
the past several years... and hopefully should jump to the "make a weapon out
of the shield" conclusion idea I mentioned before (see previous post) and
should join forces once and for all to take the mofo out for good.  Shortly
after making the weapon have the protection/shield fail and have "The evil"
Attack.  Give the players both sheets and have the final battle, and hope for
the best.

There, brain done boiling now, must eat....
What do you think now Patrick, how bout you Brian?  Any input from Shane or
Goff?

I can't wait to run this now... so I will be fleshing it out soon!
Dirk "I don't know what has been whispering into my ear today, but I like it"
R.