[DL]: Beginners questions (a bunch)

I'm just getting into Deadlands.  I've got the Marshall's Handbook and
Players Guide.

I am unable to find random or wandering encounter tables in either book.
What page(s) are they on?

I can't believe there wouldn't be any and must just be missing them.

I'm looking for an adventure set in a small town that has random encounter
tables, stores with prices, etc.  Does anything like that exist for
Deadlands?  Just to get a feel for the game.

Which is better for setting a campaign in, City of Gloom or the Maze? Why?

Which has better random encounter tables in them and is better fleshed out
as far as inhabitants?

Thanks for the help.

-Byron