Re: [DL]: Beginners questions (a bunch)

> I'm just getting into Deadlands.  I've got the Marshall's Handbook and
> Players Guide.
>
> I am unable to find random or wandering encounter tables in either book.
> What page(s) are they on?

Uh-oh. The D&D mindset (tm) strikes again. There aren't any, not in the
typical sense, anyway. Some of the adventures do, but if you really need an
encounter, I recomend scripting one, they generally are more fun that way.

> I can't believe there wouldn't be any and must just be missing them.

> Which is better for setting a campaign in, City of Gloom or the Maze? Why?

Purely opinion there, pal. I prefer the maze, it's a bit more on edge,
dangerous, and has a wide variety of themes for adventures. Really, though,
it's all your call. As far as published material goes, City O Gloom is
better written than Great Maze, but Lost Angels is better than both, IMHO.
Then again, they all are pretty damn good compaired to the average gaming
book on the market. I have yet to buy a book from PEG and not find *some*
use in it.

> Which has better random encounter tables in them and is better fleshed out
> as far as inhabitants?

Err...

> Thanks for the help.
>
> -Byron

No problem, Bryon.

Just kidding.

Chris Aniballi
No, really, I'm just kidding.
"You know, there are some hallways we just don't go down; we've found it's
healthier that way" -Erik Zarkov