Re: [DL] Re: "Different" campaign ideas

Wow...
	Mr. Higginbotham, ideas such as these make me truly happy to have been
involved in the creation of *TOT:77*. My heartiest congratulations to you
on an amazingly creative storyline, and please let me know how it turns out!

Mr. John Higginbotham wrote:
>     One of the things I had planned for my
>Mississippi Riverboat campaign was a parallel story.
>My posse's characters were all Southerners and I
>started the game shortly before the November
>Offensives of 1876. One of the characters was a lady
>huckster who was being blackmailed into spying for the
>Union. She'd already intercepted orders for Gen.
>Forrest to reinforce Louisville in a previous story.
>Just before the tale I had planned, she'd been asked
>to take a sealed tube to St. Louis.
>     For the parallel characters, I created a group of
>Union characters all in the Bull Run/Manassas area: a
>private, a captain, a nurse, a messenger, and a
>airship pilot. The Union characters story (entitled
>'Hell') would have started a midnight on Nov. 1 and
>was to go over several of the more important aspects
>of the battle.
>     The main characters tale (entitled 'War') would
>have dealt with a number of groups trying to get the
>tube. I had planned on having it start six days prior
>to Nov. 1. When the lady huckster finally gets the
>plans to the proper person, he opens the tube and lays
>out the blueprints for the Confederate's gas dispenser
>and the formula for the chlorine gas. By this time,
>the battle has progressed several days.
>     An immediate cut back to the Union characters on
>the final day of the battle. The airship pilot is shot
>down over Richmond. The private, captain and messenger
>have to face the chlorine gas. And the nurse gets to
>tend the dying survivors. (The nurse was supposed to
>be a long term NPC.)
>     I wasn't planning on doing the cuts to convey
>clues to the main characters, I was simply going for a
>thematic effect. Not to mention the look of horror on
>my players faces when they realized what the Union
>characters were facing and knowing there was no way
>word could reach them in time.

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God