Re: [DL] I need some Campaign ideas... SPOILERS FOR JEFF TOLLE'S posse

Mr. Jeff Tolle wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Its my time to turn to the list for help.
>
>SPOILERS - If your in my posse please resist temptation.
>

>My posse is headed towards the start of the first major twist.  No major
word on that right now - I'll save that for later.

>They are headed west from Nashville where they had a bit of a mess up, and
were asked to leave by the local Ranger rep.  They leave in the company of
a Cherokee who follows the teachings of Coyote.  He works for a Mad
Scientist in the employ of the CSA.  Unbeknowst to the Mad Scientist, the
CSA captured his family during the forced march on the Trail of Tears,

<Rock Bottom on text>

	The forced migrations of the "Trail of Tears" occurred during the 1820's
through the 1840's, a full two decades before secession. In other words,
there was no CSA around to capture the Cherokee's family.

>Anyhoo, being from NC, I am interested in the trail of tears and that
whole debacle.  Also, they will be travelling by rail.  The first big bruha
will be from a train robbery.  Basically the USA is trying to stop the
Cherokee from returning.

<People's Elbow on text>

	As recounted in *Tales o' Terror: 1877*, there are almost no Cherokee left
to return *anywhere*. Furthermore, while I am no Paul Beakley, I am
reasonably certain that all the Cherokee's ancestral lands are now within
the Confederacy.

	BTW, what happened to your Posse in Nashville?

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God