Re: [DL] Sure it's Evil, but what's it Do?

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Tabb, David" <david.tabb@msfc.nasa.gov>

I wrote on the subject of pentagrams:
 > > protecting those inside from evil things outside.  I don't think the
third> > one seems appropriate, since killing priests to make a Satanic
symbol

	Then zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu wrote:
 > Actually, the pentagram isn't Satanic. It's been used in mysticism for >
centuries.  It's just modern Fundamentalist persecution that's led people >
to > BELIEVE that the pentagram is Satanic, whatever direction the points
are > facing in- they think it's inherently evil pointing in any direction.

>>Huh.  Well, I think what you're talking about is the difference between a
>>pentagram and a pentacle.  The Pentagram is a mystic symbol, has been
>>often used in mystic rites (read satanic as well as any others) and there
>>are different meanings for each occult group that use it.  Some good, some
>>bad.

The PENTACLE is an early Christian mystic symbol that encompasses the 5
wounds of Christ surrounded by an unending circle that represents the divine
eternity, among other things.  This often gets confused with the PENTAGRAM,
which often IS.

Nowadays, folks on the street aren't going to know the difference, but they
will recognize the symbol roughly from Satanic Metal bands and hate it
anyway.  Or think it's cool for that reason.  Whatever floats their satanic
boat.

Hope this helped.

Seeya
Mark M.
Of course, I could be wrong, but the demon trapped in my pentagram thinks
I'm on the money.