Re: [DL] I need some Campaign ideas... SPOILERS FOR JEFF TOLLE'S and BE:TS

Mr. Jeff Tolle wrote:

>MAJOR SPOILERS FOR MY POSSE. YOU CAN READ, BUT IT WILL RUIN YOUR FUN!

>Dang.  Well thanks for the info here.  I do want it to be realistic.  Lets
see.  My understanding is >that most of the Cherokee were relocated to OK?

	You're quite welcome. You have the correct area, but at the time, Oklahoma
was referred to as the Indian Territory. Its occupants (including the
Cherokee) became known as the Five Civilized Tribes after they adopted a
lifestyle similar to their white neighbors. (See *TOT:77* for more details.)

<Swan Dive Head Butt on text>

	Whatever explanation you adopt, please keep in mind that the Cherokee and
the other Civilized Tribes were staunch allies of the Confederacy. (In
fact, they were recognized by Richmond as sovereign nations and were
allowed by treaty to elect voting representatives to the Confederate
Congress.) Therefore, Confederate troops probably wouldn't harass your
shaman unless he were suspected (rightly or wrongly) of pro-Union sympathies.

>He steadfastly refused to go to CA, perhaps because the horrors of the
Trail of tears was still fresh >in his mind.  Thats when Davis' "hip
pocket" men (descibed in the VA section of BE:TS - the name >escapes me,
and I am out of town right now) got ugly, and took his family.  I am going
to use >Davis' elite guards (thier name still escapes me - begins with a
"C" I think) as sort of the answer to >the Pinks in the south.

	I believe it's the Nightwatchers you're referring to here.

>  They will be trying to cover up the "wierd" happenings - albiet for
completely different reasons.  >And instead of trying to end fear, they
will be trying to spread it.  I just don't think of the Rangers >as bad
guys, but I figured Davis must have some cronies to do his work for him.
These jokers fit >the bill.

	The Nightwatchers have their hands full disposing of the Davis
doppleganger's enemies, either actual or potential. They probably wouldn't
be interested in your Cherokee shaman unless he'd run afoul of the
President somehow. You mentioned he was in Kentucky--perhaps he uncovered
some clues as to what happened to Davis there on that cold night back in
1871.
	Even if the shaman actually doesn't know anything, the Nightwatchers would
pay him a visit on suspicion alone. Assuming he survived said visit, he
then has a VERY GOOD reason to hate the Confederacy *and* head for California.
	As they say, of course, it's your campaign. Go with what works best for
you.

>(BTW Chris, Did you write the VA section of BE:TS?)

	Yes, indeed.:)
	I also did the sections on Kentucky and Tennessee, as well as the new
Edges and Hindrances. (My tag team partner "Stone Cold" Steve Long wrote up
the Carolinas, while "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Hite covered the
Deep South.)

<Crippler Crossface on text>

>Chris - my bad (I should never type when I am half asleep)  In this
particular case "the Cherokee" >I was reffering to was the Cherokee man who
is leading the Posse to CA, not "the Cherokee" race >as a whole.

	Ahhh! Thanks for the explanation!

>SPOILERS FOR BE:TS
>

>I take it you wrote this part of BE:TS.  Well they uncovered the plot to
rig the mayoral election, >and saved the mayor's wife.  It took some help
from the widows of the Confederate Rose Inn.  >They also ran into some
man-melters, but were unable to get much deeper with that than wow >that's
gross before the poop hit the fan.  I am writing a chronicle for the
adventure. Chris, if you >like, I will forward it to you when it is done.
It is long!

	Sounds very interesting! Please send along the chronicle when you finish;
I always love seeing what uses are being made of my work.;)

>I spend about 50% of my time in Nashville, so it seemed right to start of
a campaign here.  Just so >you know, I can't walk by the old fort on the
Cumberland now without getting the creeps. Thanks >Chris.

	LOL! You're welcome!:)
	BTW, have you ever been out to Belmont Mansion?

>Oh yeah, Chris, one more question.  Do you have the name of any senators
who voted yes to A. >Jackson's "treaty" with the Cherokee, leading to the
forced march who were still alive in 1976?  >Or can you reccomend a
web-site where I can get the info myself?

	Hmmm, I don't know of any right off-hand. I know that, generally speaking,
Southern Senators tended to stay in office for life, so even though I can't
quote names, there's almost certainly someone in office who fits that bill.
	Thanks again for the reply. You truly made my day, and on a schoolday,
that's quite the accomplishment.:)

Deo Vindice,
Christopher McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Additional Developer: *Deadlands: The Weird West* Revised Edition
Co-author of *Tales o' Terror: 1877* & *Back East: The South*
Southern by the Grace of God