Re: [DL] Different Faiths [ John Goff ]

In a message dated Sun, 13 Feb 2000  4:17:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, "Chris & Nadine Edwards" <edwards@dataline.net.au> writes:

> How does faith affect miracles cast on a character of a different faith ?
>
> For example, if a Christian priest ( Faith 5 ) attempts Lay on Hands on a
> Buddhist Monk ( Faith 5 ) is the target number increased by + 5 because the
> Buddhist is of a different faith ?

In the case of Lay on Hands, you're correct. Lay on Hands specifically states this in the miracle's description (see page 176 of the Weird West Player's Guide). In Fire & Brimstone, we stretched that to all miracles (pg 34), but as with everything about the game, it's up to each group and Marshal whether they want to include that rule or not.

> Also, if, say, two Christians attempt Lay on Hands on each other, do they
> get any benefit on the rolls from the targets faith ?

Yep--with the same references. :-)

John Goff