Re: [DL] Need opinion on my new Hex

> Gambler's Luck
>
> Speed: 1
> Trait: Spirit
> Duration: 1 Round/Hex slinging level
> Range: Self
>
> By invoking this Hex, the huckster can alter his own personal luck for a
few
> seconds (5 x the Hexslingin' Score), making it harder for someone to get a
> good shot on them.  The Hex raises the armor of the huckster by a value
> depending on the hand created:
>
> Armor Value Granted
>
> Ace: -2
> Pair: -4
> 2 Pair: -6
> 3 of a Kind: 1
> Straight: 2
> Flush: 3
> Full House: 4
> Four of a Kind: 5
> Straight Flush: 6
> Royal Flush: *
>
> *On a Royal Flush, the Huckster can do one of two things.  He or she can
> either have an AV of 8 for the duration of the effect, or place a
permanent
> AV of 1 to any location.   Mark it on your character sheet, whenever you
> take damage to that location, you always get luck and avoid a bit of
damage.

> If the value is a negative, then any damage incurred by the huckster is
> actually reduced by that amount.  For example, Doc wants has three
actions,
> and one of them is an Ace.  For his first action, he invokes Gambler's
Luck.
> His draw is a Pair.  On the next action, Docs' buddy Vace's rifle slug
goes
> wide and nails Doc in the leg.  Damage rolled is 19, which would be three
> wounds, but thanks to the luck of the gambler, it is reduced to 15 points,
> which is only 2 wounds.  Looks like Vace better do some quick explainin'.

Well, the speed should be Vamoose, since it has to essentially interrupt an
action, and it needs to be renamed (already a hex with that tag, pardner-
check H&H), but other than that, I'd say it doesn't look bad.

Nick "don't feel like thinking of a quote" Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications
Entropy Gradient Reversals