Re: [DL] Advice for heroics versus non heroics?

JSilver545@aol.com wrote:

> Y'see, my posse has come to the conclusion that 'whenever we get sidetracked
> trying to help someone, we get into trouble'. Well, actually, all of the
> posse except one. Now, the problem is, he'll go off and do heroic things when
> others won't, like going off to fight a plague spirit on his own while the
> rest of the posse has decided such a thing isn't 'part of their job' (they're
> couriers right now) and they'll just let the guy go off on his own. The
> problem with that is he'll get killed in the process. While others are still
> using the same characters they started with about a year ago, he's on his
> fourth. I want to find some way to reward his heroism without penalizing the
> party, and without making it too blatant. Any suggestions?

No, no, make it blatant.  That's what's supposed to happen.
Part of what I've liked about Deadlands is that the players are compelled toward
the good because the villains are evil in more than just an ideological way.  And
since, basically, every time you defeat the evil, you're sticking it to the
Reckoners, you SHOULD be rewarded.

--
Z?,
Dr.X