[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000224-1

(One of them tends to get five actions every round, that's 10, 5D6,
bullets to the head - ouch [we still use the old rules or the damage would
be worse - four shots an action with a double action pistol!) .  Add to this
fact that another character has a pistol which is pretty hot (a relic) plus
the another can fire a rifle, hitting a NPC's head almost all of the time
the damage could become horrendous (also last but not least is the Huckster,
who is actually pretty balanced in what he can do).  Simply saying that
someone is immune to bullets is a bit of a cop out (and I've used it a few
times before now), I've also used armour (or armor, depending on what side
of the water you are on), but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered
this problem and how they dealt with it.  I thought that it might also be a
problem when the characters encounter Stone.

I would handle this problem simply. Say there is some kind of energy field
around him, or any other great opponent for that matter) that disrupts only
called shots. This should make any posse more wary as they have to live in
fear of the d20 location table again.

IMHO the called shot table is very disruptive because of the low numbers
needed. I would personally have my group need to use at least one action
drawing a bead to use a called shot(and that one action would not give a +2
of course. that would even the table up a bit.