Re: [DL] Four Horsemen [Spoilers]

> Spoiler Space
>

> Spoilers there be...
>

> Eat McDuffy's
>

> SpOiLeRs
>

> Subliminal Messages provided for your benefit

> Ok... ok... here goes.
>
> So there's the four horsedudes of the apocalypse. Yeah yeah yeah... we've
> heard about them before
> Kang = War
> Biren = Pestilence
> Grimme = Hunger
> ?Raven? = Death

First, unless you know something I don't, I'm sure you have mose of these
wrong- the only one you've got right is the most obvious.  Since I know
you'd be able to read it in HoE anyway, Stone is the Right Hand of Death (as
they wrote it).  Who better to be the servant of Death than the one who can
kill people most reliably?  Yes, Biren seems like he'd be working for
Pestilence, but I was informed a while back that it's not him.

> Doc Holliday = Pestilence
> Wild Bill Hickok = Death
> Chief Quanah Parker = Hunger (for his contempt of the white man's buffalo
> slaughter
> Geronimo = War

Well, I'd say that in lieu of someone who actively goes out and fights
disease, the good Doctor would be a workable Anti-Pestilence.  Given his
Vengeful and (IIRC) Bloodthirdsty Hindrances, coupled with the fact that's
he known for shootin' folks, I don't think he'd make a good Anti-Death.  I
think a better one would be a famous doctor or Blessed, such as the guy they
mentioned in BE:tS in the Marshal's section.  As for the Anti-Famine, that
is the most difficult to figure out.  It should be someone known for feeding
a lot of hungry people (BESIDES Grimme, of course :) ), or perhaps for
trying to find more efficient ways of feeding people (now that I typed that,
I could see Communism eventually taking hold in the Maze).  As for War, I'd
say that it should be somene who's trying to stop war, or at the very least
strongly opposes it- perhaps The Southern Sentinel.

You may end up having to create a couple fictional people to fill the shoes
of Anti-Famine and Anti-War.  Still, good idea, though!

Nick "Ansaphones" Zachariasen

President
Corporate Communications
Entropy Gradient Reversals