Re: [DL] persuading against the odds

My sole problem here is this:

Player 1 draws a hand. he has one d4 stat. he puts it in, say, smarts.

Player 2 has same hand. he puts his d4 in Mien.

Now, if you role for every non-social occurrence, and just RP all
interactions and such, what about the PCs social stats?  As a player, I put
several points into Persuade, Ridicule, ect for some PCs, and while I agree
just saying"I smooth talk him" is boring, it really hurts a socially built
character to always RP out what you say, (so a glib player with Persuasion
0, 1d4 Mien, and Ugly as Sin, Mean as a Rattler, Habit, and squeaky can get
more out of a situation then a player who's PC has  with 3d12+10 Mien, 8
Persuade, and The Voice: Soothing and Purty if the latter player is
quieter).  I just know I have seen games where characters with no social
skills (as in no points put there) have gotten by on the players
personality, while those with social stats get (points put in those skills)
ridiculed for trying to roll.

where do you find the balance there.

TBS