Re: [DL] Killer Marshalls (was: persuading against the odds

>Yes, but more often than not I believe those Marshals
> that follow the "Kill 'em all!" philosophy of our
> beloved John Goff will use those chances to kill them.

If you are playing against an "Us AGAINST the Marshall"
type than all bets are off.  While most of us strut and
pose about killing players (and characters as well!), if
you cornered us individual, you would find that most of us
are fair, even-handed Marshalls more interested in
facilitating a story, than watching players create new
characters each week.  I've only killed characters when
they were stupid or unlucky.

It's not like I run every adventure, thinking, "Woo-Hoo,
I'm *really* gonna F them up this time!"

That doesn't mean that a Marshall shouldn't hit the players
smart and hard, either, just that you don't throw Stone and
Raven at a green posse.

Patrick