Re: [DL] The other books and my deadland pbem

In a message dated Fri, 3 Mar 2000 10:12:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, "magician" <magician@bc1.com> writes:

> Here are the deadlands books that I'm waiting for, Hexcana: The special
> powers skill sourcebook, The Great Weird North:The Canadian source book, The
> Agency: The men in black source book.

The Agency should be out in April, Hexarcana in June, and The Great Weird North in October. I'm even putting the finishing touches on The Agency over the next week or so.

Hopefully, they'll measure up!

> But some things till bother me, One The napoleon Tavern not being in the
> river o' blood box set,It's in castle falkenstein but not deadlands.

Well...The Napoleon Tavern's history is tied with Europe rather closely. As such, it fits very well with Castle Falkenstein's theme. In  the Deadlands, we're aiming for a more "Wild West" image.

Sorry I left it out, but there are a _lot_ of drinking establishments in New Orleans after all--I couldn't get all of them. :-)

> Also
> the civil war there showing the great PBS series on the history channel, But
> in deadlands the war has bin ragging for at least 15 years.But by now each
> side should realize that there isn't going to be any winners. I bet there is
> alot of soldiers that just had enough of fighting,

Most have, but as to lengthy wars, you only have to look at some of Europe's to realize 15 years really isn't _that_ long. :-)

Heck, North and South Korea have technically been at war for nearly 50 years now...Soldiers die in border skirmishes over there every year--sometimes every month. Don't forget, the war isn't going full bore like the early years; it's down to a slow grind with occasional flare-ups.

Elections have recently kicked it up a notch, but patience on both sides of the border is running low with the hostilities.

> I'm also have problem finding sources on the net for western guns, Specially
> the pepper boxes.

There used to be a few pictures on the PEG site (www.deadlands.com), but I'm not sure if they're still in the library section. I've got a book that has a few good illos in it. If you're interested, I'll fish it out of the pile and give you publishing data.

John Goff