Re: [DL] Call for discussion, re: Vulgarity

Personally I don't care what words people use as long as it is not directed
at someone. My opinion is that there are far worse things than letters of
the alphabet to get upset about. However I respect the view that other
people don't appreciate swearing, and I very rarely do so anyway. I have
however got an interesting aside on this topic.

I've spent the the last few weeks trying to find a half decent map of the
West circa 1870. I know there are changes from the real world but I thought
it would help with distances and flavour. You know, how often would you find
a settlement in Kansas? Every 10 miles? 20? That sort of thing. Also I
thought it would help by giving ideas for town names. This leads to my main
point. I seem to recall reading about frontier town names a few years ago,
and how (men alone being men alone) they were named anything under the sun,
but I can't find where I read it. I game with a group of mature adults and
use of town names like two dogs and a whore (too pick an extremely mild one)
and their ilk adds atmosphere (and humour) to the game.

So any ideas for finding that map either on the net or in a decent book?

Thanks in advance

Neil Gage