[DL] Re: deadlands play by post

Gentlemen,

I'm recruiting able bodied men who can shoot for a big cattle drive. It
starts in Clarendon, TX (Southeast of Amarillo-the Panhandle of Texas.)You'
ll take those little doggies all the way to Kansas, the cattle boss will
decide whether it's Ellsworth, Witchita, or Abilene.

I need men who can ride and I need a cook (No need to take cookin'- as a
rule cooks on the range were lousy.) Arcane backgrounds will be accepted (by
approval and only one of each archetype,) but I would prefer cowboys. The
locals 'round here don't take kindly to those kinds.

Play by Post
We will be logging into Webrpg.com

http://townhall.webrpg.com/index.phtml?groupid=567

This is the point based system I've devised.

> The traits will be chosen from the following list:
> to take a d12 you must take a d4
> to take a d10 you must take a d6
> for every 2d8's (2 different traits)you must take a d6
> d6 and d4 FREE!
> Cognition D8 Deftness d10
> Knowledge D6 Nimbleness D8
> Mien D6 Strength D6
> Smarts D8 QuicknessD10
> Spirit D 8 Vigor D6

In regards to the Coordination. I will pull those myself. You just "buy"
your stats and then I would pull the coordinations after I look at your
character and approve it.

The complaints are that it tends to give only average characters. It removes
the "X" factor that makes characters truly powerful. My thought is that
characters with any D12's are above average. I think that characters can
become truly great without the help of super stats.

Here's a sample character.

1. Rascal Conroy- A former sniper for the CSA, who deserted and fled to
the Texas after killing his superior officer in a brawl...

Cog d10 Def d12
Kno d6 Nim d8
Mei d4 Str d6
Sma d6 Qui d10
Spi d8 Vig d6

Shootin': Rifle 5 Eagle Eyes 2
Trackin' 3 Dinero 2
Apache 1 Keen 3
Survival 3 Goods 2
Guts 3 Slowpoke -2
Speed Load: Rifle 3 Illiterate -3
Horse Ridin': 2 Enemy -1 (CSA)
Outlaw -1
His goods of 2 is a Bullard Express with a vernier sight (Range increment
40, instead of 20)
Not a bad character. Hell, He looks a lot like some of the guys I've pulled
for tabletop games.

The other option will be for me to pull the character. One pull, No
mulligans. It's yer choice, pard!

Unless otherwise approved, Only one trait can be at a "5" level. Academia:
Occult maximum is "2". Two-Gun Kid is not a skill that is available at this
time. Last, avoid Veteran of the Weird West, the Hindrance will be nasty.

For those of you who have played my table top game, you'll notice quite
quickly that this will be more roleplaying intensive due to the format.
Combat will be important, but not the priority of the game.

So there you go, boys. Send a telegram if'n you want to play. I hope the
gremlins don't getta holt of it! The cattle drive will leave Monday, March,
13, 1877.

Marshall Chuck

Visit http://freeworld.excite.com