[DL] RVC2 - penanggalan

This is mostly for Marshals, but since it's
information anyone can get off the web it's not really
a spoiler.  Also, I have not read RVC2 (but will pick
up a copy as soon as my slow-as-molasses local game
store gets them in).

I just got home from work and found some more
information on the Penanggalan on the web (I think
someone here spelled it pennaggalan which is why I
couldn't find much).  From web sites I've read the
creature is Malaysia in origin.  There's a similar
creature in the Phillipines called a Manananggal which
seperates from the torso on up and is the Aswang
mentioned in The Four Aswangs story.

If you're interested in other types of vampires here
are two sites with more information:

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/7413/vampyres/types.html

http://www.cobweb.com.au/~pentup/species.htm

Also, if you can find an old copy of AD&D's Fiend
Folio it should be good for information.  One thing
TSR was good about - research.  Hey, maybe you'll find
some other interesting creatures in there to throw at
players...

<Marshal> You encounter a strange, pure white, saucer
shaped creature with two eyestalks and a bunch of
tenticles underneth
<Player> I shoot it
<Marshall> Aw, too bad it's armored ... and was sent
to help you by the forces of good, now I guess you
need to find the Heart of Darkness by yourself

-Munch 'The Flumph, the only LG creature in the FF' Wolf