[DL] Los Diablos? -Spoilers-

Grit 5 Spoilers...

Wow! I never quite realised the destructive potential of Los Diablos before!

One of my posse members had finally reached 5 grit, and so the 'devils own
stampede' had been chasing the posse for about 12 nights (he kept passing
his guts checks... the others kept failing and losing chips but he kept
succeeding :-)

Finally, after a massive battle when the entire posse were out of chips, he
fails his roll. By now they're fairly blase' about the stampede noises that
seem to be following them every night, so are quite surprised when the herd
comes stomping through the trees towards them. I inform the player that the
lead steer seems to be heading right for him, fire coming from its hooves
and a pentragram on its forehead.

Initiative rolls, and the Diablos gets the red joker, going absolutely
first. Character dodges, but it successfully hits him anyway. I hadn't
really looked too carefully at the "damage dealing" stats of the diablos
until this point, so I glance over. Hmm.. Str + 3D10. That's nastyish. Roll
location. A 10: Gizzards. OK, Strength + 4D10 then. Oh well, he should be
ok. What's the strength?

3D12 + 8 ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So the character takes Str(3D12 + 8) + 4D10 damage to the gizzards. With no
fate chips in sight. Final roll? 87, or 14 wounds.

Before we have even reached the Ace of Spades, the character is torn apart
and his soul joins the herd which charges off into the night, leaving the
other characters saying "What the f*ck was that?"

Nasty nasty nasty.

Brian "Bummer.. and I had things planned for that character" Leybourne.

.-->
"The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a
twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals
out there. Type in 'Find people who have sex with goats that are on
fire' and the computer will say, 'Specify type of goat.'"

Brian Leybourne
brian.leybourne@airnz.co.nz
bleybourne@hotmail.com
error please notify Air New Zealand immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Air New Zealand.