Re: [DL] Lost Angels Health Spa? <Spoiler>

--- Roy Spence <roy.ster@virgin.net> wrote:
> OK I've put a spoiler tag on this so that all you
> players know to turn your
> heads the other way.

> I'm sure that in some book (I thought it was in the
> old Q&tD), I'd seen
> guidelines for what happens when a PC gets a free
> feed while in the City of
> Lost Angels (if you know what I mean - and yep some
> of my guys did partake,
> they were trying to impress a cute guardian angel
> who was assisting at the
> time, heh heh suckers), but for the life of me I
> cannot find it - was I
> dreaming?
>
> Even if I was, eating human flesh in one of the most
> scariest towns in the
> west cannot be good for your health! (you are what
> you eat!?) Could it have
> ramifications (there's details on how you can turn
> into a wendigo somewhere)
> or a character getting a Hankerin' for the stuff
> could be pretty
> interesting.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

You're not dreaming.  There is a brief mention of it
in the old Q&tD on page 120, but the real meat of what
you're looking for is in Tales o'Terror:1877, pg 104.

Now as for eating human flesh there's lots of things
you can do.  There's turning the characters into
wendigos which is mentioned in the DLs original book,
pg 201, and continued in the Q&tD, pgs 114 and 115.  I
also thought there was something about people becoming
ghouls (not the undead type, more like a
human/monster), but I can't find that reference.

Personally I think there's a shade difference on
whether someone consumes human meat without knowing as
opposed to conciously choosing to do so.  If someone
knowingly and willingly consumes human flesh, have
them become a monster.  If it was an accident, let
them sweat.  Have them notice things are different and
they slowly are becoming an evil beast.  Pick a
monster at random and give them one or two of it's
traits (with some bonus disadvantages).  Give them a
chance to redeem themselves or accept their fate.
Also while they're suffering give them an extra card
or two if they die to see if they come back harrowed
(or worse, make them fully and abomination, no not
under that players control, as an NPC).  I would not
penalize a harrowed who ate human flesh, except maybe
give them harder dominion rolls.

-Munch Wolf