Re: [DL] Harrowed Experiences

Roy Spence schrieb:

> Just had my first posse member return from the grave.  Does anyone out there
> have any tips/comments on their experiences and on handling the return other
> than read the Book of the Dead :)
>
> It's actually going to be quite funny, because the rest of the party have
> basically taken all of his equipment, guns, money, the lot.  So we are going
> to have one mighty peeved harrowed tracking down to varmint that stole his
> guns :)
>
> Roy

Keep the Harrowed busy with his manitou. If he doesn`t play his manitou well,
give him notices in secret to tell him to tease the other posse members.
The others should be afraid of him. At least they should not trust him.
If the Harrowed was powerful in his mortal life, then give him more subtle
powers like dark vision or cat eyes, so the undead could act where mortals will
fail. If you make him a better shooter then any of his pardners you won`t do any
thing good to you or the posse.
When they show to be too mighty give them hindrances concerning their
life-focus. One of my posse (Sister Mary) has her difficulties to make certain,
she`s a speaker in the name of god, because it`s getting cold inside the saloon
and the candles are blewn out when she comes in. Besides she has even more
problems with animals. The other (White Wolf)  had to promise to walk on the
path of nature (he`s one gunslinging pal), if he does, he could come back to
life (there are these shaman favours); and he was willing to do so, because his
undead life was not so easy. And Fernandez one only lives his harrowed life as a
decapitated head (he was bitten by a vampire and there wasn`t any sign of a
rvcII with vampire-playing rules at that time, so his head was cut of and his
body burnt). The mexican once a unfamous gunslinger now has to rely on his
harrowed powers(hehe, sometimes (un-)life`s cruel!!!).
But on the other side there is not much game-fun when harrowed are taken out of
normal life completly. My players complained when their undead status was
recognized by every second citizen. So make them not to hide in the sewers like
The Beast.

That was my posse and my experiences, on the other hand, I have to say, my posse
plays very well and their acting capabilities are the dream of every marshal.

I hope I didn`t wrote to much garbage,

Jolly