[DL] An Armor Question and a really big battle... Was:(Re: Arcane Chip Question (was: [DL] Woo-hoo!))

Well.... I have not yet had to pay the price of compensation cost yet, as we
called the session right after the battle, but having cheetah coloring shouldn't
be toooo bad, I had tiger stripes two weeks ago after shape changing, but I know
my marshal is going to get very sadistic, very soon with my characters, (I play
two)  he went into that battle with the intent of killing my huckster and yet he
walks away from the battle without a scratch on him.  On the other hand I did
build a very hard to kill huckster, armed with Scott Lufkin's Armor Hex and the
Bodyguard hex, he could stand toe to toe with a Demon while my wild man shot the
demon in the head 3 times in a row, while the indian planted two hatchets firmly
into it's head.  Of course we got screwed when we killed it and it blew up for
6d20 and rolled 93 points of damage, well luckily my huckster had a card up his
sleeve and was able to Cast "Time Slip" to get out of dodge before he bought the
farm, the Indian and a few others who were standing there tried to take cover
but to no avail, they got a little bit of distance and cover before it blew,
which left my wild man standing at ground zero with no cards and very few
chips... at least he had scales and size 7.  Lets just say that we all barely
escaped with our lives, most of us heavily wounded, and my wild man is
temporarily deaf from the explosion.

Oh, and now for the point to all this rambling... HOW DOES ARMOR AND EXPLOSIVES
WORK?

does your armor level prevent that many wounds to each location that it
protects, or does it drop the die type for the blast roll... and how does this
work with partial armor (i.e.,  just a vest) vs Full Armor (from a spell or
something)

Thanks in advance,

--D