[DL] Marshal(l)?

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 00:29:35 +0100
> From: philipp.savun@VR-Web.de
> Subject: [DL] Marshal(l)?
>
> Hallo guys,
>
> perhaps this question seems to be very dumb, but it`s interesting me:
>
> Why is everyone of you writing "Marshall" instead of "Marshal" as in the
> Deadlands stuff and my dictionary? In German you write it "Marschall",
> but that`s another matter, I guess. Probably I`m only a little simple
> minded.

I write Marshall because it's the way I learned to spell it. Technically
speaking, both Marshal and Marshall are accepted ways of spelling the word.
Like two different ways of pronouncing "potato" (or spelling it with an
"e" - which is technically acceptable as well - albeit somewhat archaic)....

sinisterdexter@mindspring.com