Re: [DL] Marshal(l)?

| I write Marshall because it's the way I learned to spell it. Technically
| speaking, both Marshal and Marshall are accepted ways of spelling the
word.
| Like two different ways of pronouncing "potato" (or spelling it with an
| "e" - which is technically acceptable as well - albeit somewhat
archaic)....

Er...no.  "Marshall" is a proper noun, generally a given name associated
with the male gender.  It is not uncommon for it to appear as a surname, as
well (Thurgood Marshall, for example).  "Marshal", on the other hand, is
the correct spelling of the law enforcement position.

Oh, and potatoe is only acceptable if one's name happens to be Dan Quayle;
alternately, one could add an 's' to create the plural form of potato:
potatoes.

B.D. Flory