[DL] Re: Size Matter (John)

Hey I was just wondering this the other day!
It says in the book that if its twice the size of a man you get +1 to hit, 3
times +2 and so on up to a max of +6.
Thats all well and good,but how does it all relate to the Size Table?
I know its not every 6 size levels is +1, because size 23 or so is a frickin'
blue whale and last I looked they were WELL over 4 times the size of a man.
Bears are probably at the least 2 times the size, but what about other things?
Where do the plusses start? And the "size" would be volume if you will since
being really heavy wouldnt make you easier to hit only denser.

Anything official on this John? Or at least some personal house rules?