Re: [DL] Japanese in DL

In a message dated 3/27/00 6:09:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rrj@zombieworld.com writes:

<< thanks for correcting me and giving me new information.  what confuses me
though is that Aikido was created around 1940 wasn't it?  i don't think the
samurai were around any longer.  anywho, aikido is the redirecting of the
attackers force to be used against him by way of a throw, hold, or both.
sort of a passive aggressive scheme. >>

    You could use the earlier, more aggressive and brutal, style of
aikijutsu, which was around long, long before Ueshiba transformed it into
aikido.
    At the risk of sounding like I'm plugging my own work (which I guess I am
:) ), THE ULTIMATE MARTIAL ARTIST from Hero Games has detailed information
about dozens of martial arts styles, including historical information which
you could use to place the art in a DL context if you so desired.

Steve Long