Re: [DL] Just not getting it, I guess <goff>

In a message dated Mon, 27 Mar 2000 10:56:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, J Tolle <jwtolle@altavista.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am back for one and a half weeks before I am off to tie the knot.

Congratulations!

(sort of...)

> Anyway - how does one roll hit location for such a creature (or any amorpeus creature like that.)  I assume that all hit locations are the same - ie no extra dice for hitting the upper left quadrant.

You're right, they are all one hit location. No bonus dice.

> On the same note how many hit locations does it have.  In other words - if it is all one big hit location then this monster is then pretty weak.  I mean, one maiming shot on a size 6 beastie is pretty easy if there is only one location.

Well, for the blob, it is all one big hit location. However, since so few things effect it, that's not really as big a drawback as it might be otherwise. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that most amorphous creatures are probably going to be largely damage resistant just due to the nature of their form.

However, if that doesn't work for you, your idea of a hit location for each Size point is a good one. Beware that it's going to make big blobs nearly unkillable, though...

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. ;-)

John