Re: [DL] A new hex for your review...

On Mon, 27 March 2000, Scott Hacker wrote:

> I just made a nex hex, and I was hoping you fine
> gentlemen would critique it for me.  Is it too
> powerful?  Too dangerous?  Does it just suck?  Please
> tell me, I'm so desperately insecure!
Great idea, but I have a couple of questions about execution (pun intended.)

First of all I would not grant the huxter "regular" harrowed powers - like only killed by brain shot, takes no wind, etc.  These powers stem from the fact that the harrowed is in reality a dead body.  Even the wackiest of huxters are not likely to off themselves for one days worth of powers.

Second, given the point above, I would say that should the huxter die while under the influence (DUI) then the automatically are harrowed with this manatou wriggling around inside them.  Furthermore, I would make the possesing manatou +1 die and +1 Coordination over the huxter.  This is justifyable by saying that the manatou was only willing to invest part of its spirit in such a risky venture.

Thirdly, your power levels go to 9.  I am not sure how this reflects on a harrowed power.  Most I know of only go to 5.  (Except for the amp which goes to 11.)  I am probably missing something here, but oh well.  I would try this.  You duration is fixed at 1 day / hexslingin' level.  The level of the harrowed power is based on the original hexslingin' roll.  Fer instance, a success means level 1 of a given power.  Each raise adds 1 to the power.  Thus a roll of 25 will get you that power at max.