[DL] Re: [HoE] I Ran Killer Clowns - Finally!

>From the wording, it can be read either way. All I'm saying is it needs
to be clarified. (I'd always assumed it to be as you described--until I
recently started playtesting martial arts again for Hexarcana.)

Sorry guys - it has been.

Damage: Brawling and gizzards/head shots.
Q)	Unarmed combat attacks only casue damage equal to a Strength roll. What
happens if you hit someone in the gizzards or the noggings?  You normally
get +1 or +2 dice damage. In the case of brawlin', do you get extra dice
for the Strength roll, or are the bonus dice added to the result?
	For a martial artist (damage of d6+strength), there is no problem. Hits to
the gizzards cause cause 2d6+Str and hits to the noggins cause 3d6+Str.
Correct me if I'm wrong. - Urban Blom
A)	If you're doing brawling damage, you don't get extra damage for the head
or gizzard. [Shane Hensley, 9/June/98, DL listserv]

I remember this, because I have a house rule that allows the extra damage
for head shots.
Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - www.darious.com/deadlands

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Gary Gygax:
Because I rolled a 64 on the "Chicken Random Behaviors" chart on page 497
of the Dungeon Master's Guide.