[DL] Re: A hex for your review

>>Great idea, but I have a couple of questions about
execution (pun
intended.)

First of all I would not grant the huxter "regular"
harrowed powers -
like only killed by brain shot, takes no wind, etc.
These powers stem
from the fact that the harrowed is in reality a dead
body.  Even the
wackiest of huxters are not likely to off themselves
for one days worth of
powers.<<

According to the Book o' the Dead, possessed people
gain all the basic benefits of the harrowed, as well
as a +4 to all dominion rolls.  I was going to allow
that- I think that the basic powers aren't too
terrible, plus, it sets up the delightful scenario of
a disemboweled huckster who's only undead for another
10 minutes.... ;)

>>Second, given the point above, I would say that
should the huxter die
while under the influence (DUI) then the automatically
are harrowed with
this manatou wriggling around inside them.
Furthermore, I would make
the possesing manatou +1 die and +1 Coordination over
the huxter.  This
is justifyable by saying that the manatou was only
willing to invest
part of its spirit in such a risky venture.<<

Again, following the possession rules in BoTD, if a
possessed person dies, they automatically become
harrowed.  However, since the manitou is already
inside the fella's corpse, it gets a chance to
accomodate itself before his soul gets back.  The
manitou gets automatic TOTAL dominion.

>>Thirdly, your power levels go to 9.  I am not sure
how this reflects on
a harrowed power.  Most I know of only go to 5.
(Except for the amp
which goes to 11.)  I am probably missing something
here, but oh well.  I
would try this.  You duration is fixed at 1 day /
hexslingin' level.
The level of the harrowed power is based on the
original hexslingin'
roll.  Fer instance, a success means level 1 of a
given power.  Each raise
adds 1 to the power.  Thus a roll of 25 will get you
that power at max.<<

I guess I worded this poorly.  What the max power
level means is the total number of power levels the
huckster gets for all the powers combined.  For
example, max power level 2 means the huckster can have
two level 1 powers, or one level 2 powers.

>From there you get a manatou with +1 Spirit die and
+1 Coordination
over your huxter.  (Manatous are not idiots, and only
a moronic manatou
would jump into a body they never really had a chance
to controll.)  Your
huxter's card draw determines how much time of the
possesion your
huxter can controll.<<

The point of the spell is that the huckster forces the
possession on the manitou, instead of the other way
around.  Since this threatens the manitou's existence,
it tries to get loose ASAP.

>>The huxter starts out in controll, but the manatou
can take over at any
time for as long as the huxter's draw allows.  Whats
more, the manatou
does not have to manifest if it does not want to.
Better still, the
manatou can even bugger off if things get too sticky
with a successful
opposed spirit roll (manatou at -4) other modifiers
may apply.  (ie the
huxter is tied up in the back of the agency's wagon on
the way to
Denver.)  However, the huxter can never end the spell
early.<<

I think I'm going to change the rules of the hex.
Instead of the manitou trying to break free, the hand
the huckster gets affects his bonus to the dominion
roll.  That way, a huckster will think long and hard
before chasing that greater manitou...<<

>>Hope this helps.

Jeff "I know an old huxter that swallowed a manatou
that wriggled and
jiggled and squealed inside her." Tolle<<<

Thanks!

=====
"I was a warped little boy.  Now I'm out to warp the youth of America."- Weird Al Yankovic
Remember, conformity is the mother of obscurity;
be true to yourself in everything you do.
Happy Roleplaying,
-The Smiling Bandit <Strikes Again!/Ha-Ha-Ha>