[DL] Re: A hex for your review

>>1.  Players have no idea what powers the harrowed
possess, so how can
they choose?<<
Well, in the specific case of the huckster in my posse
who wants this spell, he has a great deal of knowledge
of the harrowed.  My campaign has been a little
harrowed heavy, and he has become more and more
enamored with the dang things.  I suppose he could
only get access to powers he's already familiar with.

>>2.  With the reliability rolls, opposed spirit rolls
and everything
else, this spell gets very
complex, and can slow game play down a lot<<

This is designed to be a non-combat hex, worked out
during some down time.  As for the reliability thing,
that's actually designed to simplify things, reducing
the number of checks needed to see if the manitou
busts loose.  Perhaps if the reliability roll fails,
the manitou automatically breaks free and beats the
tar out of the huckster.

>>3.  A huckster playing with harrowed powers... well
if you want NPC's
and Bad guys to start
dropping from Eulogy's and gettting rigormortis while
the PC is being
fast as death with
burrow as well as supernatural quickness and deftness,
well, having the
right combo at the
right time would make a PC harder to kill then Stone
himself... well
not quite, but you get my
drift.<<

Well, the reason the reliability system is in place is
to prevent this.  If you want big power, you run big
risks.  You might end up dead the first time you try
to use that silent as death...

>>4.  With a higher hand, a manitou might be easier to
control, not
harder, I know this
contradicts the complexity statement I made above, but
you might want
to secretly draw for the
manitou spirit, as usual for a harrowed, and have the
ability to chip
and take over as normal.<<

The way I saw it, the huckster needs big manitous to
get big powers, and those big manitous are very hard
to control.  The way I made the system, if a huckster
gets a good hand on a small manitou, that manitou is
trapped.  However, it should never be easy to keep a
greater manitou under control....

>>Well those are my thoughts, you might want to get
the opinion of the
expert, Goff as well
any other thoughts?<<

Thanks for the input.  I just want to make sure I
don't give my huckster a free ride...

=====
"I was a warped little boy.  Now I'm out to warp the youth of America."- Weird Al Yankovic
Remember, conformity is the mother of obscurity;
be true to yourself in everything you do.
Happy Roleplaying,
-The Smiling Bandit <Strikes Again!/Ha-Ha-Ha>