[DL] NPR and the Civil War

Well, it's pledge time again in NPR land, and what does this mean?

This meand that I flee to the one NPR station in my listening area that doesn't force the pledge drive down my throat.  I mean I give my money - now leave me be.

Anyway, that station happens to be out of a town of slovenly gamer types known as Blaksburg, VA (WBTN i think - 89.1 on your FM dial.)

I can see from the look in your eye you still are wondering why i'm wasting bandwidth. Well here's why:

This AM as I drove to work, I heard a great report on the civil war by a history professor from Virginia Tech (danged hokies - I'm a cavalier myself.)  I believe the name was James Roberts.  He had a distinctive lisp.

Anyhoo - this is a weekly feature - every friday morning (repeated in the PM.)  This weeks installment, Nathan Bedford Forrest's Ft. Pillow massacre.

So if you can get this station (i'm in Greensboro, NC myself) you may want to try to catch this program.

Later

Jeff Tolle

For the largest MP3 index on the Web, go to http://mp3.altavista.com