Re: [DL] Gifts and Sinnin'

BAuri65055 wrote:

>> I was just curious what your house rules were and what the "official"
ruling was on whether or not saying gifts are nullified by sins.<<

Well I know my thoughts are “unofficial” but I would say yes, gifts are
nullified by sins.  I would view it not that the blessed had “lost” the
gift/miracle, but that he had turned his back on the source of his power.
Kind of like a gunslinger that leaves his bullets back at the saloon when he
is going to a shootout.  He still has the bullets, but they are no earthly
good to him unless he goes back and takes them with him.

Also I wouldn’t let your blessed away with standing back and allowing the
rest of his posse do the dirty work. The blessed character should be a pain
for any posse who shot first and thought later, always rebuking them and
trying to get them to turn from their ways.  The player sounds as if he is
sticking to the letter of the law (which may be how the F&B explains it – I
cannot remember) and not the meaning behind it, which in religious terms is
hypocritical, and therefore sinful.  This makes the blessed much harder to
play and a little less of a power gamer’s type character.  You don’t have to
make it every time the posse get into a shoot out, but just everyone they
start or go looking for one (the blessed may even stop “layin’ hands" on
them in protest of their actions)

A preacher character in our CoC game managed to persuade the group to look
for a cure for a woman’s lycanthropy instead of using the usual silver
bullet kind.  This worked for the best part of the session until the group
suddenly remembered that is was CoC they were playing and things are so much
more fun when the brown stuff hits the fan.

Actually speaking of power gaming I personally prefer a Blessed Taoist
Enlightened monk, with the brawny edge, Spiritual Giant gift, plus Leopard
and her Cubs chi power, for a total of 10 size.  I suppose with big ‘un it
could be 11 size but that’s just obese :D.

Roy

Who really wants to be a power gamer but his mommy won’t let him.