[DL] why Deadlands Gurps?

can someone please explain to me what the significance is of having Deadlands converted to the GURPS system?  it's going to be the same game just with a different set of rules?  why not just use the traditional setup?  what does the GURPS system offer that PEG cannot?  i'm very new to the whole RPG thing and am not in the know, nor do i have any reference for other systems.  enlighten me please!

"It's amazing what you can do when you don't have to eat, sleep, or breathe anymore"  - Undead Rustler (apapted for use from Hollow Man)

Get your own FREE zombieworld.com Email account at...
http://www.evilemail.com

zombieworld.com - The dead come back to life, just for you.