Re: [DL] Why Deadlands GURPS?

can someone please explain to me what the significance
is of having
Deadlands converted to the GURPS system?  it's going
to be the same game
just with a different set of rules?  why not just use
the traditional
setup?

<snip more comments in the same vein>

enlighten me please!

----> GURPS stands for Generic Universal Roleplaying
System. I will say several things about it:

 It was designed to be the only roleplaying system
gamers would ever need- cutting out the headache of
'New game, new rules'. It did this by making the rules
generic, suitable for any type of, setting, from
horror, to dark future to fantasy to modern-day
espionage- whatever you can think of. SJ Games buys
licences to produce products based on other games
using the GURPS rules system. This allows gamers to
play other games without learning another set of rules
(just 'spin-off' GURPS rules).

 I did say that GURPS is generic-and it is, and I do
play it, but it's not a great system by any means.
Deadlands system kicks ass.

         - Marshal Thorn