Re: [DL] why Deadlands Gurps?

> can someone please explain to me what the significance is
> of having Deadlands converted to the GURPS system?  it's
> going to be the same game just with a different set of
> rules?  why not just use the traditional setup?  what
> does the GURPS system offer that PEG cannot?  i'm very
> new to the whole RPG thing and am not in the know, nor do
> i have any reference for other systems.  enlighten me
> please!

The concept of GURPS is that the rules are GENERIC.
Therefore, If I want to role-play in a Space Opera,
Fantasy, Deadlands, Super Hero, or even a bunny game, I
do;t have to learn a new set of rules.  Based upon the
proliferation of systems done under GURPS, the idea must
make sense to somebody.

Patrick