Re: [DL] why Deadlands Gurps?

At 11:03 PM 3/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
>can someone please explain to me what the significance is of having
Deadlands converted to the GURPS system?  it's going to be the same game
just with a different set of rules?  why not just use the traditional
setup?  what does the GURPS system offer tha
>t PEG cannot?  i'm very new to the whole RPG thing and am not in the know,
nor do i have any reference for other systems.  enlighten me please!

My guess is that it'd be useful for doing a lot of cross-genre gaming, if
you're into that kind of thing...
They seem to have done GURPS versions of several White Wolf titles as well.