Re: [DL] Money: How much is too much?

Nick writes:

> They take the property of people they capture or incapacitate?  That's
> called theft.  If they take something by force, that's called robbery.
> Legally, even the dead men still have estates.

But …

I know in the good old days, it was common practice for the local law and the
undertaker to take whatever was of value from an unclaimed dead body, and
divide it up as fees for services and burial.  It was so common that it
wasn't even hidden.  A man had $1.43 on him, then it cost $1.43 to bury the
body.  If there were family in town, then all due respect was duly paid.  But
if he was a no-account drifter, it was fair pickings.

There's a storyline in there.

Tom Huntington
The Truth Is Yonder