Re: [DL] Money: How much is too much?

> For instance, the posse goes up against 8 mounted thugs.  When the smoke
> clears, there are 8 dead or captured thugs and 8 horses free for the
taking.
> They sell the 8 horses for half-book, or $75 each.  They sell the guns
(they
> have an aversion to single-action, but that's a different post), gun
belts,

They take the property of people they capture or incapacitate?  That's
called theft.  If they take something by force, that's called robbery.
Legally, even the dead men still have estates.  Selling the rightful
property of others (even if you took it from a thief) is called conversion,
which is also a crime.  Also, remember what they used to do to horse
thieves:

<SONG>
OOOOOOHHH, the Lord loves a hangin'
That's why he gave us necks...
</SONG>

You could also try having some of the stuff be HEAVILY cursed.

> saddles, everything they can think of.  They collect bounty on the bad
guys
> if there is one.  Even if they don't know whether there is or not, they
> always check.

Simple- make there not be a bounty on any of them.  If you really *HAVE* to,
every once in a while make the guy Harrowed and make him a real badass-
maybe he's actually running a bounty scam, making himself wanted in various
areas under various identities (possibly using Death Mask) and having
members of his own gang run in his carcass for the bounty (each in turn, of
course), with he and the henchman in each case splitting the loot.  I did
this once as an introductory adventure.  It worked rather well.  Just make
sure you give the guy some good powers.

<POSSIBLE HARROWED SPOILERS>

You could try giving the guy Ghost at 5 and Relic at 5, making his Relic
something he could use to hurt things that are intangible while he's
physical (and hurt tangible things while he's intangible).  That way he
could "phase out" and shoot/slice/bludgeon/etc. the posse.  BIG FUN!!!!
Besides, this could be their intro to the supernatural being really
dangerous.

Nick "the supernatural is always fun" Zachariasen