Re: [DL] "Is it evil?"

"Silverman, Sandor (LNG-MBC)" wrote:

> Stamp "NPC" on the top of the character sheet and take it from the player.
>
> Sandor
>
> PS All this assumes that previous to this point, the Marshal has made it
> clear to the players that "evil" characters will eventually become NPCs.

Ahhh, my players know this and have even gone so far as to hand me their sheet
when they do something remotely close to evil, most of the time I ask what their
reasoning behind doing what they are doing, and if it has good cause, I give the
sheet back, case in point, PC 1 rolls his shootin, scores a hit and a raise,
hands me a sheet and says he just shot PC2, I ask him why and he says, being the
excellent role player that he is drawing from his character's past he had told
me about previously, that PC2 was acting just like his character's father who
beat him as a child had acted, and that is what his character character would
do, evil or not.  I ended up giving him back his sheet and a chip for good
role-playing.

So, IMHO, it is not necessarily if an action is good or bad, but the character's
reasoning behind it.

Now, think about that one for a while.

--D