Re: [DL] Random RV&C2 [John Goff] - found fearmonger reference

> Spent a lot of time searching and I found it in the
> section for Gabriel Hounds under the effects of their
> 'curse'.  It's at the top of pg74, and I quote "The
> curse lasts until the hero defeats a fear-monger.
> Even killing the hound does not remove this curse."
> Now I'm not sure how many people would use the Hounds,
> but without fearmongers around that's a pretty nasty
> curse :).  Maybe instead have the player spend a
> legend chip, or be single-handedly responsible for the
> posse earning one?

Dang hyphens...

Make that "earns a point of Grit or a Legend Chip" for defeating another
powerful abomination."  For all intents and purposes, that should be the
same thing.

> My main question seemed to be why
> arn't Ghosts classified as Undead with a Focus.  True
> they have Anchors instead.

Good question. I went the way I did mostly to avoid confusion and even
lengthier explanation. Ghosts differ so much in abilities and weaknesses
from other forms of Undead that it saved no space to tack the Undead special
ability on them (everything else that gets it is corporeal--walkin' dead,
nosferatu, etc.).

An Anchor serves a slightly different function than a focus. Destroying an
anchor doesn't necessary destroy the ghost, sometimes it's even impossible.
Space prevented me from going too far into this, but kill a poltergeist's
anchor and it just moves on to another; destroying a haunt's anchor might be
next to impossible if it's a gorge where a fatal train wreck occurred.

It would have been more internally consistent to call them Foci, but that
would have taken so much explaining (IMO, anyway) as to negate the gain.

John